Bulldog Media Group (“BMG”), one of the fastest-growing consumer credit marketing companies in the U.S., is seeking a CFO to join the company’s executive leadership team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will play an integral role in executing BMG’s growth plans and will have complete oversight of the company’s financial management function. In addition to the responsibilities traditionally held by a CFO, BMG’s CFO will be tasked with organizing and utilizing the significant data at BMG’s disposal to help the company make sound strategic decisions. Examples of these decisions could include: whether/how to pursue new lines of business, how to optimize existing client or traffic partner relationships, whether to invest in new revenue channels, how to optimize existing and new conversion funnels, and whether to pursue acquisitions. This position is suited for someone who relishes going beyond the day-to-day requirements of the job, is growth-oriented, and who excited by the prospect of serving as BMG’s financial “compass” when the company faces important strategic decisions.
BMG is a performance marketing company that specializes in online customer acquisition for clients in the financial services industry. The company’s solutions include (i) a leading cost-per-action (“CPA”) platform that enables merchants (primarily credit card issuers and personal loan companies) to seamlessly advertise to and convert targeted customers via partner publisher sites; (ii) email marketing services; (iii) digital exit traffic monetization services; and (iv) Creditsoup.com, a company-owned destination for personalized credit products and information. BMG is a portfolio company of Go Capital LLC, a private equity firm.
Key Responsibilities of CFO:
- Develop a reporting infrastructure that enables BMG to utilize the data at its disposal to make smart decisions across all key facets of the business (e.g. funnel conversion, pricing and margins, marketing expense payback, etc.)
- Assess the economics underlying BMG’s relationships with its clients (credit card issuers, personal loan companies, etc.) and traffic partners (web publishers, email partners, etc.) for growth & optimization opportunities
- Establish a data-driven business case for all new initiatives. Help BMG prioritize its business development efforts and execute them with confidence
- Oversee a GAAP-compliant, accrual-based accounting function that delivers timely and accurate recording of all business transactions
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial statements and other reporting requirements
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, expenses, receivables, and payables. Includes overseeing BMG’s cash management function
- Manage BMG’s banking relationships and assist management & Go Capital in key balance sheet decisions
- Implement and oversee internal audit policies and procedures, and manage external audits
- Represent BMG in Board meetings as its key finance executive. Be a true partner to the CEO and Board of Directors by providing a financial lens into all aspects of BMG’s operations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of financial management experience. Preference for finance experience in the digital marketing industry
- Strong analytical skills, including deep proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent project management/organizational skills and a “hands-on” approach
- A growth mindset and a hunger to dive in, challenge assumptions, and make a difference
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
This full-time position provides the opportunity to play an important role in a dynamic and growing company that is moving fast to expand in a number of consumer credit segments.
To apply, send resume (PDF) and most recent salary history to:
or Bulldog Media Group, PO Box 463, Madison, SD 57042